Sulfur products are beneficial for your tresses. This mineral is a natural component in the keratin and gives strength and elasticity to your hair.
Moreover, improves circulation and helps metabolize B vitamins such as vitamin B1, B5, B7, etc. that are considered good for hair follicles.
Thus, you can prepare sulfur mixes by adding sulfur powder in certain hair oils and apply these different mixtures on your scalp to strengthen your hair and enhance hair growth.
In addition, you can take sulfur supplements to help your lustrous locks grow faster. You can have MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) capsules.
In fact, sulfur deficiency can lead to brittle nails and hair. Though it is not an essential mineral still, sulfur helps prevent hair loss.
Given Below are a Few Recipes Making Use of Sulfur Products to Promote Healthy Hair Growth
- One of the simplest hair growth recipes is prepared by adding one teaspoon of sublimed sulfur powder in six ounces of castor oil. Massage this solution on your scalp and then wash it off.
- Take one teaspoon of powdered sulfur, one teaspoon of vitamin E oil, six ounces of organic coconut oil, two ounces of grapeseed oil (alternatively, you may use emu oil), and ten drops each of tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and rosemary oil. Store this solution in a bottle and use it on a regular basis.
- Simply applying a mixture of one teaspoon of sulfur powder and four ounces of extra virgin olive oil on your scalp and hair for about half an hour can also aid in faster hair growth. You may use organic sulfur (MSM) or sublimed sulfur.
- Combine four ounces of jojoba oil, two ounces of castor oil, two ounces of olive oil, five drops of rosemary oil, five drops of peppermint oil, and a teaspoon of sublimed sulfur. Mix these ingredients thoroughly, preferably in an applicator bottle, shake well, and then use.
- Sublimed sulfur can be combined with sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and amla oil, too.
- You may also use MSM powder by mixing a tablespoon of this powder in two tablespoons of water and then slightly heat in a microwave for 15 seconds.
Next, add some (around six to seven tablespoons) hair conditioner in it and allow it to cool. After shampooing your hair, apply this conditioner and let it stay for about two minutes. Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
Here’s a video showing how to make hair oil and sulfur mix to stimulate hair growth.
While preparing sulfur mixes for hair treatment to enhance hair growth, make sure you do not use too much sulfur powder in the hair recipes as it may cause scalp irritation.
Moreover, remember that sulfur powder does not readily dissolve in water. Thus, you will have to add it in any carrier oil and then apply.
It is suggested to perform a patch test with the mixture before actually using it on your scalp because a number of people are allergic or sensitive to it. You can use the mixture daily or at least two to three times in a week.
You can find sulfur powder at various stores. For instance, you can purchase Sulfur Powder Sublimed – 4 Oz / Pack from Amazon. Sublimed sulfur is also known as Flowers of Sulphur or Brimstone.
Apart from hair, it is useful for killing bacteria on skin and treating conditions like eczema, ringworm, scabies, seborrhea, flea allergies, and so on.