Rosemary is often recommended for growing healthy hair fast because it stimulates the hair follicles. In fact, this aromatic herb containing sulfur and silicon is considered good for treating Alopecia (Hair Loss).
It helps open blocked scalp pores and works as an excellent conditioner for dry, flaky scalp.
Thus, rosemary is useful in controlling dandruff as well. Moreover, this herb darkens your hair and helps in dealing with premature graying of hair.
You can massage your scalp with rosemary oil and use rosemary water for rinsing your lustrous locks to help them grow fast.
Interestingly, in certain countires, it is believed that placing some dry rosemary sprigs under the pillow while sleeping is beneficial for healthy hair growth.
How to Use Rosemary for Growing Hair Fast?
Given below are some hair care recipes for making hair grow faster with rosemary. Both fresh as well as dried rosemary can be used.
- Scalp massage with rosemary oil is highly beneficial in promoting hair growth by increasing circulation. After massaging, apply the oil on hair, comb your tresses, and leave it for about 30-45 minutes. Finally, shampoo your hair.
Combing your hair after oiling assists in distributing the oil throughout your hair and removing tangles that cause unnecessary hair breakage during shampooing, when the hair strands are wet.
- Take a handful of rosemary sprigs and boil them in a pot of distilled water. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Next, cool and strain the solution. Use this rosemary water as a refreshing hair rinse to improve hair growth.
There is no need to wash off the fragrant solution; just squeeze out the excess rosemary water from your hair. Follow this procedure about two to three times in a week after using your shampoo and conditioner. You can get this herb at a local grocery store.
- As rosemary is beneficial for growing hair naturally, you can prepare a rosemary infusion and add it in your shampoo. To prepare the infusion, put half a cup of rosemary and a cup of water in a glass jar and let the solution steep in a sun-filled window for 2-3 weeks.
Another simple remedy is to mix 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil in your shampoo. Besides, you can purchase a shampoo containing rosemary leaves and oil.
- Use rosemary vinegar on a weekly basis to encourage hair growth and remove dandruff. For this, you need to put three tablespoons of dried rosemary (you can also take fresh rosemary) in a cup of boiling water. Reduce the heat and let the infusion steep for 30-45 minutes.
Next, cool and strain the mixture. Mix a cup of organic apple cider vinegar and a few drops of rosemary oil in the infusion. You can add essential oil of peppermint, too. Store it in a bottle.
Use about four teaspoons of this solution mixed in lukewarm water for rinsing your hair after shampooing.
Finally, wash your hair with water after 3-5 minutes. There is no need to condition your lustrous locks after the rosemary vinegar rinse. Avoid using this recipe in case you have processed or color-treated hair.
- Add two teaspoons of dried rosemary in half a cup of olive oil and heat the solution in the microwave for two minutes. Keep the mixture aside for two to three days. Finally, strain it and massage the scalp with this therapeutic oil regularly.
You can also use a combination of sage oil and rosemary essential oil mixed in olive oil. If the cuticles are damaged, do a steam-towel-wrap for 15 minutes after oiling your hair.
- Those who are interested in making rosemary shampoo at home can adopt the following procedure. Boil a bunch if fresh rosemary in a cup of distilled water for about half an hour, until the solution reduces to half of the original quantity.
Cool and strain the liquid. Add it in a bottle containing 3/4 cup of unscented liquid castle soap. Put four drops of rosemary essential oil and shake the solution well.
- Drink two cups of rosemary tea regularly to promote hair growth.
Apart from helping you grow hair naturally, rosemary stimulates brain activity as well. In fact, it is considered as a symbol of remembrance.
Combination of this herb with basil and tea tree oil helps eliminate a number of scalp problems. However, as rosemary tends to darken the hair, those of you with light colored hair may want to avoid this herb and look for other options.