As there are numerous tips for faster hair growth meant for the fairer sex, it is usually difficult to seek out suggestions to help men grow their hair fast. So, read on to find out a few tips to stimulate hair growth in men.
- Men usually neglect hair care tips as their hair are easy to handle. Thus, if you want to have healthy hair growth then you will have to take proper care of your hair.
In case you have dry hair, wash them about one or two times in a week to remove normal buildup of dirt, dead skin and oils on scalp.
Similarly, individuals having coarse and curly hair need not shampoo their hair more than once a week. However, men with oily hair should wash their hair more often, even more than two times in a week if there is excess oil buildup.
- Choose your shampoos and conditioners according to your hair type, that is, dry hair, normal hair or oily hair.
For instance, if you have dry hair, you should go for shampoos specifically formulated for dry hair because they add adequate moisture to hair and scalp.
The ones meant for oily hair, on the other hand, remove excess oil and hence they are likely to cause dryness in case of dry or normal hair.
Opt for good quality mild shampoos that help nourish hair. Moreover, you can use moisturizing, thickening or leave-in conditioners depending on the condition of your hair.
- Regular scalp massage is one of the most effective natural ways for encouraging hair growth in case of men as well as women. Therefore, massage your scalp by gently rubbing your fingers over your scalp in circular motion for about 2-3 minutes daily.
Furthermore, apply therapeutic natural oils like warm rosemary oil, olive oil, castor oil, jojoba oil etc for at least 20-30 minutes about once in a week to stimulate hair follicles and assist in faster hair growth.
Besides, exercise regularly to boost the metabolism and improve circulation to assist in healthy growth of hair.
- Do not use hot water to wash your hair as it causes more harm than good. Hence, use lukewarm or cold water for washing your hair.
- Include more protein rich foods like milk, eggs, green leafy vegetables and legumes in your diet to grow strong hair that are less prone to breakage.
Moreover, as diet plays a significant role in promoting healthy hair growth, take a healthy diet with emphasis on inclusion of foods rich in vital hair vitamins, particularly vitamin B complex.
In case you are suffering from vitamin deficiencies then you can also have nutritional supplements like biotin pills and multivitamins as per your doctor’s advice.
- Avoid wearing tight hats as they tend to cause damage to hair cuticles and encourage hair fall.
In case you have long hair, you can make loose and comfortable ponytails that do not pull your hair too hard.
While sleeping, use satin or silk pillow cases rather than cotton ones to prevent hair damage due to friction. As men are more susceptible to hair loss, take proper preventive measure to prevent loss of hair.
Thus, minimize the use of heating tools and hair gels containing harsh chemicals. Besides, stay away from shampoos containing sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Get your hair trimmed about every six weeks to get rid of split ends because it is not possible to repair split ends. You can only take measures to reduce hair damage and prevent further split ends.
Also, keep in mind that different individuals have different rates of hair growth depending on genetic factors. So, have patience.
- Another valuable tip for men who are cautious about their hair is not to comb the hair when they are wet because wet strands of hair tend to break easily.
Moreover, when drying your hair, do not rub them vigorously with a towel as strands of hair can become entangled in threads of the towel. Instead, just pat dry your hair.
As completely dry hair are difficult to comb, comb your hair when they are slightly damp. Preferably, use a wide teethed comb for this purpose. In addition, extensive use of hair dryers is also not recommended.