Desperately looking for ways on growing your lustrous locks faster and thicker? Though there are no magic tricks to grow your hair quickly still, you can try the following suggestions to get thicker and fuller hair fast.
- Wash your hair about two to four times in a week with a mild shampoo and use a light conditioner afterwards.
Before washing your hair, comb out the tangles to avoid unnecessary hair breakage during washing because wet strands of hair tend to break quite easily.
Use lukewarm or preferably cold water for washing your hair. After washing, do not comb your hair right away. Instead, let them dry for sometime and brush then when they are somewhat dry.
When applying conditioner, you need not apply it around the scalp. Preferably, just apply conditioner to the ends or a little bit higher than that to keep your hair moisturized and avoid matting. You can use leave-in conditioners or spray-on conditioners to make your hair manageable.
- Brushing the hair with a round boar brush consisting of densely packed bristles helps in adding volume to your hair. Boar bristles are useful in redistributing natural oil throughout the scalp. This also make you hair more lustrous.
However, do not brush your hair too often. Plus, use a wide toothed comb to detangle tough tangles. In addition, get your hair trimmed at least once in a month or every 8-10 weeks to remove split ends.
- Regularly massage your hair and scalp with warm coconut oil or olive oil to promote circulation and stimulate faster hair growth. The circular massaging action and use of therapeutic oils help in making hair healthy. You can herbs as well.
After massaging, leave the oil in hair for at least 15-30 minutes before washing. You can simply massage the scalp with your fingers every day.
- Having healthy hair is the most essential prerequisite when aiming for fuller and faster hair growth.
Therefore, you need to improve your regular diet and include more vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acid, protein, zinc and magnesium rich foods.
So, consume a variety of nutritious foods like sprouts, spinach, cheese, cabbage, lentils, beans, apricots, citrus fruits, fresh green vegetables, fish oils, flaxseed oil, brewer’s yeast, whole grains etc.
- Though not proven scientifically still, you can add a pack of plain gelatin in your usual shampoo and use this combination to improve the condition of your hair and make them appear thicker.
- Limit procedures like hair coloring, perming or other hair styling treatments using harsh chemicals and heating tools.
They make your hair dry and susceptible to damage over a period of time. When tying your hair, use butterfly clips or fabric coated elastics rather than rubber bands to avoid knots.
- Relax and sleep for about 7-8 hours in a day to promote hair growth. In fact, factors like erratic sleep patterns, sleep deprivation and stress are often associated with the problem of hair loss. While sleeping use satin or silk pillow cases as they cause less tangling.
Besides, exercise regularly to improve circulation and metabolism, thereby aiding in faster and thicker hair growth. While swimming, wear a cap to avoid damage due to chlorinated water of the pool.
Another tip for growing thick and long hair is that you need not take the trouble of shampooing your hair daily unless you have extremely oily hair.
Although daily washings do help in keeping your hair clean, they do not encourage faster hair growth. In fact, washing your hair so frequently makes them more susceptible to damage due to overuse of chemicals and vigorous rubbing.