Looking for tips on growing facial hair to sport your smart new look as soon as possible? Given below are a few suggestions to increase the growth of your facial hair.
- Grow your facial hair initially and do not trim the hair for about four weeks and then begin defining the lines of your beard or mustache, preferably with a single blade razor or electric beard trimmer.
Letting your facial hair grow for some weeks without shaving will also help in identifying the areas on face where there is no active hair growth.
This happens due to hormonal factors and not much can be done to alter the hair growth pattern. So, opt for styles of beard that are favored by the facial growth pattern you have.
- Include more B vitamins, iron, silica and zinc in your diet to stimulate hair growth. You can have biotin pills and other nutritional supplements as well. Exercising and sleeping properly are also beneficial in encouraging faster hair growth.
- Massaging the face with eucalyptus oil helps a great deal in growing facial hair naturally.
- There is a general misconception that shaving every few days helps your hair grow at a faster rate makes them thick.
Actually, the root of the hair is much deeper in the skin and is hence not affected by shaving. Shaving just makes the new hair growth appear stubbly and sharp tipped.
- Avoid dryness and flaking by keeping your face clean and moisturized to aid in the process of growing facial hair. In addition, exfoliate your skin using steam to keep hair follicles clear and avoid ingrown hair.
In case there is itching and dandruff-like scaling because of growing beard, you can use an anti dandruff shampoo on your beard about 2-3 times in a week.
- Give up the temptation of applying hair care products for faster hair growth on your face as it may cause skin reaction on sensitive facial skin. Moreover, there is a risk of accidentally ingesting these chemical products when using them around the mouth.
Rate of growth in facial hair tends to increase with age. So, if you are young, you will have to be more patient and persistent in using these tips and suggestions on growing an attractive moustache or beard.