When you are aspiring to grow fuller, healthier hair, you must be looking for effective advice for growing thicker hair.
This is particularly true for individuals having thin textured hair. Given below are some useful hair care tips and suggestions for having thicker hair and preventing hair loss.
- Your hair care routine and choice of products play a significant role in making your hair thicker and fuller.
Therefore, it is suggested that you maintain your hair in healthy condition by following proper routine for hair care and choose the hair care products like hair oils, shampoos, conditioners etc wisely according to your hair type. You can also apply mousse or hair spray to add body to your hair.
Besides, use therapeutic hair oils like extra virgin coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil etc and invest in light, unscented conditioners and mild, protein-rich, preferably organic shampoos.
Avoid shampoos containing sodium lauryl sulfate.
Wash your hair about two to four times in a week to keep them clean and avoid hair problems. Make sure you do not brush or comb your hair immediately after washing them because your wet tresses tend to break easily. When using a conditioner, focus on applying on it on the ends of hair instead of scalp.
- Avoid using heating tools like curling rods, rollers, flat irons etc. Restrict the use of hair dryer as well. Plus, do not color your hair too often because most of the hair colors contain harsh chemicals that make hair dry and brittle.
- Massage the scalp regularly by gently rubbing your fingers on the scalp in circular motion for about 2-3 minutes. In addition, use hot oil treatments to improve circulation, stimulate hair growth and make your hair strong.
You can use a combination of essential oils by mixing three drops of rosemary oil, three drops of lavender oil, two drops of thyme oil, two drops of cedar wood oil and half an ounce of jojoba oil.
A simple mixture of almond oil and aloe vera gel can also be applied for at least half an hour. When washing your hair, try not to use hot water.
- In case you are looking for ways on getting thick hair naturally then you can make use of different types of hair masks.
For instance, prepare a banana hair mask by pureeing two bananas in a blender and adding a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and three tablespoons of mayonnaise in it.
You can also add a few drops of rosemary, thyme or any other aromatic oil in the mixture. Make sure that the mixture has a smooth and even consistency.
Finally, apply the homemade hair pack for about half an hour and then wash it off thoroughly.
Besides, you can simply apply whipped egg on your hair before shampooing; works as an excellent natural conditioner. Similarly, mayonnaise works as a good conditioner for dry hair.
- Put about 100 gm henna leaves in 250 ml mustard oil and heat the mixture to let the essence of henna mix in the oil.
Then, cool and strain the mixture. Store it in a bottle and apply it regularly on scalp, at least once in a week to thicken thinning hair.
- Healthy diet and eating habits are crucial in having thicker and fuller hair. Therefore, embark on a nutritious diet consisting of a variety of vitamin, mineral and protein rich foods such as carrots, soy beans, tofu, spinach, legumes, green bell peppers, cheese, yogurt, whole grains and other fresh citrus fruits and green leafy vegetables.
Consider taking multivitamins in case you have any nutritional deficiency.
- Certain types of hair styles also help in making hair look thicker and voluminous. For example, thin textured hair that usually fall limp can be kept short to make them look fuller. Long hairstyles can make your hair look thinner. Plus, straight hair can be cut in layers to make them appear thicker.
Moreover, brush your hair with a boar brush as it helps distribute natural oils throughout the hair and makes them lustrous. Another tip in this regard is to just lift the hair outwards from the head while brushing to add volume to your hair.