Home remedies and natural cures can help a great deal in making your hair healthy and boosting hair growth. In addition, make sure you take a balanced diet consisting of nutritious foods loaded with B vitamins and protein.
Given below are some simple natural remedies and recipes for homemade hair packs to stimulate hair growth.
- Rinsing your hair with rosemary water is highly beneficial in helping your hair grow fast, naturally. To prepare this solution, boil a handful of rosemary sprigs or dried rosemary in a pot of distilled water and simmer for 15 minutes.
Finally, cool and strain this infusion. Use it as a final rinse on your hair after shampooing your lustrous locks. Rosemary also tends to darken your hair.
- Applying stinging nettle extract on the scalp stimulates the hair follicles, strengthens the hair fibers, and helps your lustrous locks grow fast.
- Rinsing your hair with potato water helps in making your hair grow naturally. It helps your hair gain volume as well. Thus, do not discard the water in which you boil potatoes.
- Massaging a combination of therapeutic oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, sage oil, grape seed oil, emu oil, avocado oil, amla oil (prepared from Indian gooseberry), etc. is one of the most effective remedies for accelerating hair growth as it helps in deep conditioning.
However, you need to follow this remedy on a regular basis, at least once or twice a week. After applying the oil, let your tresses absorb it for minimum half an hour.
- Take 20 ml grape seed oil and add 3 ml jojoba oil, three drops of rosemary oil, three drops of lavender oil, two drops of cedarwood oil, and two drops of thyme oil. Massage this mixture on your scalp for five minutes and then apply it on your hair, too.
Cover your hair with a shower cap for about 30-45 minutes and finally shampoo your hair. Instead of the shower cap, your can soak a towel in hot water, wring it and simply wrap it around your head to help the hair absorb oil better.
- Mix a little wheat germ oil in a combination of aloe vera gel and coconut milk. Use this natural shampoo on your hair to help your tresses grow longer.
- Another popular home remedy for encouraging hair growth is to crush four to five birth control pills, add them in your shampoo and then use it.
- Heat about 250 ml mustard oil and cook 60g henna leaves in it until the leaves get burnt. Finally, filter the oil and store it. Regularly massage your head with this therapeutic oil to grow long hair. It reduces hair thinning and loss of hair, too. Castor oil is also considered good for curing hair loss.
- Fry some fenugreek seeds in coconut oil. Cool and strain the solution. Apply this oil on your hair and scalp regularly before shampooing.
- Boil dry pieces of Indian gooseberry in coconut oil until the pieces turn dark. Massage this oil on your hair and then shampoo.
- Beat an egg, add half a cup of mayonnaise, and avocado pulp in it. Blend the mixture to get a thick paste. Apply it on your hair and wash it off after 20-30 minutes. Follow this procedure about two to three times in a month to promote hair growth.
Check out this video giving another hair mask recipe using mayonnaise, avocado, honey, olive oil and almond oil.
- When dealing with hair loss, you can opt for a homeopathic shampoo containing arnica, marigold, calendula, southernwood, and rosemary oil.
Tips and Tricks for Having Healthy Hair
- Hair brushes that have bristles prepared from natural fibers are easy on your hair. Moreover, they prevent static cling in hair.
- Get rid of split ends every 6-8 weeks.
- Do not brush your hair vigorously. In case your tresses are severely entangled then use your fingers to detangle the knots.
Plus, you can prepare a conditioner by mixing three-fourth cup of water and half a teaspoon of olive oil in a beaten egg yolk. Apply this recipe on damp hair and wash it off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Include more dairy products, green leafy vegetables, beans, lentils, flaxseeds, oatmeal, sprouts and citrus fruits in your diet.
When working with home remedies, remember that they do not give encouraging results overnight. You need to choose the ones that you find suitable and use them at least for a few weeks.
You can also combine some of these treatments and add ingredients like honey, avocado, banana, honey, coriander juice, rosemary infusion, apple cider vinegar, herbs, etc. to create your own recipes for hair masks.