Aloe vera contains an enzyme called superoxide dismutase that encourages hair growth and prevents loss of hair. Aloe vera nourishes the hair and cleanses the pores. Moreover, it helps balance the pH on the scalp and removes excess sebum.
In addition, aloe vera is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin E, calcium, choline, zinc, selenium, manganese, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, etc. It is rich in amino acids, which are considered as the building blocks of protein.
Furthermore, it provides moisture on your scalp and has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, apart from stimulating hair growth, aloe vera is beneficial for curing dandruff and itchy scalp.
In order to use aloe vera gel on hair, you need to take a thick aloe vera leaf, remove its spiked edges, slice it longitudinally and scoop out the translucent gel-like sap with the help of a knife or spoon.
You can simply apply this gel on your scalp to promote hair growth, get of dandruff, and heal scalp infections. Those of you who do not have an aloe vera plant may use store-bought aloe vera gel.
How to use Aloe Vera for Hair Growth?
- Regularly massaging a combination of aloe vera gel (scooped from two to three leaves) and honey on the scalp for works as an effective home remedy to help your hair grow fast. After massaging, leave the mixture on your hair for about 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Put a tomato, an aloe vera leaf, and a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend all the ingredients thoroughly. Finally, apply this paste on your scalp and rinse it off after about half an hour or more.
Check out this video showing how to make a hair mask with a variety of ingredients like honey, aloe vera gel, eggs, olive oil, and so on.
- You can make an aloe vera shampoo by mixing one teaspoon of glycerin, a quarter teaspoon of any vegetable oil, and aloe vera gel scraped from a thick aloe vera leaf in a quarter cup of liquid castle soap.
- Mix a quarter cup of vinegar, two tablespoons each of aloe vera gel and organic honey, and about 20 drops of an essential oil in three-fourth cup of water. Rinse your hair with this solution.
- Another deep conditioning shampoo can be prepared by combining coconut milk, aloe vera gel, and wheat germ oil.
- Applying aloe vera gel, preferably mixed with organic coconut oil, jojoba oil, amla oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc. helps reduce dandruff and facilitate healthy growth of hair. If you are suffering from hair loss, you may combine aloe vera gel with powdered fenugreek seeds and then apply.
- Simply rubbing aloe vera gel on bald patches and leaving it overnight is useful for stimulating hair re-growth. Follow this procedure on a daily basis.
Apart from encouraging hair growth, aloe vera is also considered good for soothing the skin and moisturizing the skin. It helps heal skin injury and burns as well.
You can even drink about two to eight ounces of aloe vera juice in a day to aid in digestion, heal heartburn, cure constipation, and strengthen the immune system.